To be a powerful positive ambassador of Jesus Christ that creates a culture in North Carolina where human life is valued, marriage & families flourish, and religious freedom thrives.
NC Values Coalition’s mission is to follow Jesus Christ by equipping and building coalitions to advance and proclaim life, liberty, and family in elections, public policies, and law.
Based on our adherence to the inspired, infallible, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God in Scripture, we profess with the Christian Church throughout time and around the world the faith expressed in the Apostles’ Creed:
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried;
On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven, he is seated at the right hand of the Father, and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
Also, based on this confession, we are committed to honoring God by obeying the two Greatest Commandments, loving God and loving neighbor, and based on that commitment and derived from the inspired, infallible, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God in Scripture, we profess the following as necessary for living the gospel:
- We believe in the spiritual unity and equality of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (John 4:1-6) (Philippians 2:1-11)
- We believe that the Lordship of Christ requires us as disciples to seek to conform our actions, thoughts, and desires in obedience to Him. (2 John 5:6)
- We believe God wonderfully creates each person with an immutable biological sex — male or female — that reflects the image and likeness of God. (Genesis 5:2)
- We believe God designed marriage as a unique conjugal relationship joining one man and one woman in a single, exclusive, life-long union, and God intends sexual intimacy only to occur within that relationship. (Genesis 2:20-25) (Matthew 5:27-28)
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We believe God endows all human life with inherent dignity, and it must be respected and protected from conception to natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Psalm 139) (Acts 17:25)
- We believe that God has endowed all humans with the natural, and inalienable right of religious freedom to believe, pursue truth, and live within ordered liberty such that no civil government may justly infringe upon it. We believe that each person owes a duty to God, as perceived within the individual conscience, which is superior to political, legal, or social obligations. (Exodus 20:3) (Daniel 6)
We Value Life: We believe that humans are created in the image of God as either male or female and that life is precious. We value life and are committed to protecting it at every stage—the unborn, the orphan, and the elderly.
We Value Family: We believe that human thriving is dependent upon marriage as the union of one man and one woman and that children do best when they are raised by their married mother and father. We also believe that government should be prohibited from punishing someone for acting on their belief that marriage is the union of one man and one woman. We support the rights of parents to direct the upbringing and education of their children, including the opportunity to choose which schools are best for their children and to protect the privacy and safety of their children. We also support standards in higher education that do not violate religious freedom and free speech rights of students and which offer students an atmosphere in which to grow in virtue, as well as knowledge.
We Value Religious Freedom: We believe that all Americans have the right to freely exercise their religion in both public and private places. We also believe that every American should be free to live and work in accordance with their faith without fear of unjust punishment by the government. No one should be forced by the government to promote messages and participate in events that conflict with their beliefs. We are committed to protecting the right of every citizen to pray freely according to the dictates of their own conscience, even in a public forum or government meeting.
Some of our engaging, educating, and equipping pro-values tactics include:
- Produce yearly scorecards that rank legislators on their support of policies related to life, liberty, and family.
- Engage the media by fielding press interviews and articulate faith-friendly perspectives.
- Equip voters to elect to public office those who affirm faith, freedom, and family legislation via voter outreach efforts.
- Hold elected officials accountable for anti-faith, anti-family, & anti-freedom votes by petitioning them onsite.
- Educating, informing, and influencing NC citizens, politicians and policymakers via communication updates (social updates, web stories, emails, etc).
- Organize and engage pastors, churches, and people of faith to participate as stewards in the public square.
- Build coalitions and networks with other like-minded organizations to accomplish common goals and optimize resources.
- Organize and equip a creative grassroots network of pro-values Christians across North Carolina.