Our Mama Bear Workshops give an overview of the current events and transparency issues that are currently in NC Public Schools and how Mama Bears and Papa Bears can get involved in protecting our children from harmful curriculum and indoctrination in school.
Want to learn how to identify and combat harmful content in your child’s school?
RSVP for one of our two upcoming events:
👉 Hickory, NC: ncvalues.org/event/mamabear-hickory/
👉 Greensboro, NC: ncvalues.org/event/mamabear-greensboro/
See you soon!
3. VOLUNTEER: Another way you can help us support the veto overrides
Roy Cooper has vetoed three bills that we are looking forward to the Republican supermajority overriding in the next three weeks:
- H808, “Gender Transition/Minors”: Stops medical (hormonal and surgical) transitioning for anyone under 18 years old.
- H574, “Fairness in Women’s Sports Act”: Stops biological men from playing women’s sports through college.
- S49, “Parents Bill of Rights”: Requires schools to be transparent about curriculum, and ensure parents are informed about issues involving their children.
Veto overrides can happen at any time, so it’s important to have a list of interested NC Values supporters ready to come stand with us at the General Assembly to support and encourage our legislators.
If you would like to be on our quick action list and join us at the General Assembly for these override votes, please email email@example.com for more information.
4. CAROLINA JOURNAL: Detransitioned NC woman files suit against ‘gender-affirming care’ practitioners
“Last week, a 25-year-old detransitioned North Carolina woman filed a lawsuit against those she claims were responsible for convincing her to undergo gender-reassignment medical procedures when she was a minor. Filed as a civil case in Gaston County Superior Court, Prisha Mosley alleges a team of doctors and counselors regularly lied to her by stating that transitioning from female to male would solve her mental health issues.” She is not alone in filing this type of lawsuit.
Read more: https://www.carolinajournal.com/detransitioned-nc-woman-files-suit-against-gender-affirming-care-practitioners/